Monday, May 6, 2013

Your TODAY List


For most of my life I’ve operated from a daily To-Do list.This is generally a long list of tasks that I’m not particularly excited about doing, but I know that these things must get done and I have to write them down to make sure that I don’t forget them.


I rarely get through the entire list in a day and the chores often carry over for days, weeks or even months depending on how unenthusiastic I am about the item to be accomplished. So the other day I thought, wouldn’t it be exciting to put things on the list that were fun and crazy. This led me to thinking about how we are really only promised this moment. We really only have today for sure. What if we lived as if each day was our last? How different would that To-Do list look?

For me, it would become a Today List and it would include adventurous activities such as taking a spontaneous road trip and having dinner in another state or country (Canada is right across the bridge from us here in Detroit), or visiting one of the amazing places right here in my city that I often take for granted, like the Motown Museum because it is so close that I figure I can just go any time…Perhaps making a call to say “I love you” to a Grandparent or someone who you rarely reach out to but you hold dear to your heart.

This week, I encourage you to spice up your regular list and make it a Today List, living each day to the max as if it is your last.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment