Monday, February 25, 2013

MOMENTUM



Quite often our finances have lot to do with our motivation or our lack thereof. For the past two years I have been studying finances and trying to learn and practice my way to financial freedom. As a result I have compiled a lot of the nuggets of wisdom into an eBook that I plan to release later this year. It is called, “MOMENTUM: Daily Inspirations from the Minds of Millionaires”.  Please enjoy this excerpt and let me know what you think…

Introduction

One Million Starts With One

One day I looked up and realized that I was 32 years old and while I made good money, I had absolutely nothing to show for it. I didn’t own my home, I didn’t own my car, I didn’t have any investments or savings…I was pretty much just floating through life without a definite financial purpose or plan. Today I own eight investment properties, most of which are two or four family homes, so they have sixteen units between them, six of which are rented out at an average of $500 per month in rent. It took me ONE year to do this.
One Million can be a very daunting and intimidating number…especially when we are talking about one million dollars. But the important thing to remember is that it all begins with little old number ONE. ONE idea. ONE investment. One year. One month. One week. One day. One moment. One person…YOU.
For years I’ve collected books about how to become a millionaire, but I just let them sit on the shelf. When I finally decided to open them up, I realized that one book lead to another and another and eventually that momentum catapulted me into making some major changes in the way that I think, act and live.
I LOVE to read, but I realized that reading is not everyone’s thing, so instead of reading the thousands of books that are out there on how to become wealthy, why not read ONE that synthesizes some of the most inspirational quotes, thoughts and points from several of those books in ONE, small, manageable bite sized junk per day, every day, for ONE month.
Once I made the decision to write the book I had to come up with a plan. After discussing it with my accountability partner I decided that I needed to send this book to ONE million people. This meant that I would have to collect, ONE million email addresses. Daunted by the task, I became paralyzed and simply stared at my lap top.  But then I shook off that fear and realized that the path to getting one million email address starts by simply getting one. After I typed that one email address my mind opened wide to all of the possibilities and ideas began to pour in.
I could post the book on social networking sites where millions of people browse each day. I could use my existing mailing list of subscribers who love whatever I write…the possibilities were endless and suddenly, the task didn’t seem so scary, but in fact became an exciting challenge…and it all started with ONE.

How to Use This Book
I am a strong believer in the participatory learning approach so this eBook will be interactive. Each week, or chapter will have a theme. Within each chapter there will be will be a quote, thought, prompt or idea each day from a millionaire, a billionaire, a song or a book about financial literacy and freedom for each day in that week. At the end of each of these quotes, there will be a link to the corresponding eBook, song, or millionaire’s website that was referenced. That way, if it really speaks to you, then you can download the eBook to read for yourself instantly, study the millionaire by exploring their website, or listen to the audio book or song.
After the quote, you will find the Millionaire Meditation Moment. This is where I expand on the quote and give you something to think more deeply about. I encourage you to use the guidance of the Millionaire Meditation Moment to spend some time each day processing or reflecting upon the quote or message for that day. Allow the momentum to build in your mind and your heart and be open to the motivation to reach your millions.
Make the Millionaire Meditation Moment manageable for your schedule, patience, and personality. For you a moment may mean one minute, one hour, or an entire day…but invest some time into thinking about what each message means in the context of your life and how you can apply it to accelerate your journey to financial freedom.
This year, my goal is to make ONE million dollars in one year. Thus I have named this year, “One Year to One Million.” Time and time again we have heard that it takes thirty days to form a habit. Therefore, this book has been designed with thirty days of inspiration. My hope is that once you complete this book you will be infected and inspired with the momentum to keep your thoughts and actions in alignment with your financial goals throughout the rest of the year.

Let’s embark upon this journey of one year to one million together…one manageable moment at a time. Let the momentum begin!


Week One

One Year to One Million


          No matter when you begin reading this book, this marks the first week toward your journey to financial freedom. How you start determines how you continue which in turn determines how you will end, so start out strong, be consistent and make the commitment. All you have to do is commit to one moment per day.

Millionaire Meditation Moment


“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.”
-          Martin Luther King Jr.

Day One


“The journey to financial freedom starts the MINUTE you decide that you were destined for prosperity, not scarcity – for abundance, not lack.”

The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert G. Allen

Millionaire Meditation Moment

One thing that ALL of the books about financial freedom have in common is that they all say that it all comes down to how we think…particularly how and what we think about ourselves. What do you believe to be true about you? Make a decision. Will you continue to operate from a poverty mentality, or, will you believe that you are destined for great things? What decision will you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment